Saturday, October 13, 2007

Is that You, O Lord?

Someone beside me,
Someone in my mind,
Someone entangled,
A face among
Uncollected thoughts.
I can not see you with clarity.
Memory: a river that returns to gather
What it left behind.
Memory is a mirror of remembrance.
On the other side of remembrance is forgetfulness.
In forgetfulness, we remember,
The shadows passing -
Lovers, strangers, friends and foes, life
And death.
I can not say I remember you.
And I can not say I do not.
Between remembering and forgetting,
My thoughts are like a multitude of sunflowers,
Detached from the stem, suspended in the vast sky,
Looking for a sun of umbra and penumbra.
In my infinite recollections,You stand,
Opaque, transparent, very much human, full of irony.

In this field of uncollected remembrances,
Through all these layers of shadows,
I can not see with clarity,
But is it really You,
O Lord?

No comments: